The Chaturdashi of Karthik Month is known as Narak Chaturdashi. As per Hindu Panchang, In 2021, the Narak Chaturdashi will be celebrated on 03 November. This day is also known as Choti Diwali in North in India. On this auspicious day, there is a law to worship 6 deities Yamraj, Shri Krishna, Kali Mata, Lord Shiva, Hanuman ji and Vamana.
In Indian culture, there are various stories related to Narak Chaturdashi. According to one of those stories, Lord Hanuman appeared on this day. On the same day, Lord Krishna killed Demon Nakrasur. The worship of Yamraj is also considered very auspicious and fruitful on this day. As per believes, Worshiping Lord Yama on this day gives freedom from the tortures of hell and the fear of premature death ends.
Let’s know the auspicious time
Narak Chaturdashi 2021 Date, and Puja Muhurat
- Narak Chaturdashi starts: 03 November 2021, 09:02 AM.
- Narak Chaturdashi Ends: 04 November 2021, 06:03 AM.
- Vijaya Muhurat: 03 November 2021, 01:33 PM to 02:17 PM. Most Auspicious time for worship.
- Take bath before sunrise and wear clean clothes.
- Establish the idols of all these deities in the north-east corner of the house and worship them by law.
- Light an incense lamp in front of all the deities, apply kumkum tilak and chant mantras.
- On the day of Naraka Chaturdashi, a four-faced lamp made of flour is made for Yama and is lit at the main gate of the house.
- The women of the house light four lights by pouring sesame oil in the lamp during the night.
- On this day, after worshiping dieties with rituals at night, light a lamp and keep it facing the south direction.
- Chant Yamraj’s mantra “‘मृत्युनां दण्डपाशाभ्यां कालेन श्यामया सह। त्रयोदश्यां दीपदानात् सूर्यजः प्रीयतां मम्’”.
Narak Chaturdashi Story
Lord Krishna killed Narkasur
Because on the day of Naraka Chaturdashi, Lord Krishna killed a demon named Narakasur, hence it is called Naraka Chaturdashi.
Birth of Lord Hanuman
It is believed, On Narak Chaturdashi Lord Hanuman, who is an incarnation of Lord Shiva was born to Maharani Anjana. As Lord Tulsidas wrote “जो सत बार पाठ कर कोई। छूटहि बंदि महा सुख होई।। “, its is believed that by chanting Hanuman Chalisa for 100 times on Narak Chaturdashi with the whole family, So people of the family gets freedom from all kinds of bondage, crisis, the stress of life.