Vastu For Pooja Room is very important because the place of worship is the most sacred place in the house. That is why it is very important to have the right Vastu for the worship room in the house. learn more. Indian homes are incomplete without the presence of a puja room or a temple area. These places are important in our homes as they are centers of positive energy and sacred in every way. Temple is the place in the house that according to Vastu radiates its positivity to the rest of the house. But what if the Puja room is not built as per Vastu principles? In such cases, the pooja room may not live up to its full potential and may need to be fixed.
Vastu For Pooja Room
Today we will discuss some important Vastu For Pooja Room and consider all the important aspects like direction, design, color, and material. Read on to know the best Vastu for Puja Room.
Location Of Prayer Area
The location of worship rooms is very important in Vastu Shastra. Experts say that as per Vastu For Pooja Room the preferred directions for a Puja room are North-East, East, and North. These directions are promising and will bring good luck to all the members living in the house.
Refrain from making a Puja room in your home-
- Under a ladder
- Right in front of the main gate
- Next to the toilet or
- Sharing a wall with a toilet or shower room.
Vastu For Pooja Room–Ideal Design For Pooja Room
If you are living in a flat or apartment, make sure that the roof of your puja room has a pyramid-like structure. You can opt for a gopura-style roof. This will ensure a continuous flow of energy in your space and attract positivity.
According to Vastu for Pooja room in the flat, these places should be made on the ground floor of the house. As per Vastu principles, the Puja room should not be in the basement or on a higher floor. Avoiding such construction brings maximum positivity and is a good omen.
Vastu For Pooja Room–Position Of Idols In Puja Room
Preferably, it is said that keeping idols inside the Puja room should be avoided. But if you wish, keep in mind that its height should not be more than 9 inches or less than 2 inches. The idols should be placed at a distance from each other to ensure the proper flow of air. The feet of the idols should be at chest level while worshipping. The position of idols should be such that while worshiping the person’s face should be towards east or north.
Vastu For Pooja Room–Storage Space for Pooja Room
Clutter and dust both promote negativity in the space and disrupt the flow of energy in your Puja room. Hence, it is important to maintain cleanliness in this holy place of your home. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Storage cabinets should be placed in the west or south quadrant of the room, ensuring that natural light enters the room uninterrupted.
- Keep prayer books tucked away in cupboards and avoid clutter
- Make sure that the wick is not tangled and that the lamp is always clean.
Wall And Floor Color In Pooja Room
According to Vastu For Pooja Room, colors play an important role in the vibrancy and energy of a room. Colors hold meaning and are representative of the elements of nature and when used as Vastu rules, can prove to be very beneficial for the family.
- As per Vastu for the Puja room, white, light yellow, and blue are among the most auspicious colors for the temple.
- White symbolizes purity, and blue brings calmness to the space, making both excellent choices.
- Dark colors like black, navy blue, or purple should be avoided in this room.
- Light-colored floors are also recommended, and you can choose white marble or cream-colored tiles for this space.
Vastu For Pooja Room–Lights For Pooja Room As Per Vastu
Light is a source of positive energy and it is very important that your puja room has a source of natural light.
- The ideal location for the window is in the North East direction.
- According to Vastu for the Puja room, there should always be light and illumination in the room.
- Vastu experts ask people to install bright artificial lights which can be used to keep the room illuminated after sunset.
Vastu For Pooja Room–Doors For Pooja Room
The home temple transmits sacred energies to the rest of the space through the threshold of the puja room. This makes the door and entrance of the puja room important in Vastu guidelines.
- First of all, make sure that there is a door in the puja room. A temple without a door is like any other room in the house and is no longer sacred
- When selecting doors, choose wood as the primary material and ensure that the design has two shutters and a threshold to keep out pests and insects.
It is always advised to follow the guidelines of a Vastu expert to take care of all the intricacies of Vastu Shastra. Nevertheless, if you follow all the above Vastu tips, you will attract to health, prosperity, and happiness.